- UK/EU/International: International
- Value - what money is on offer: Fees only award of up to £23,000.
- Who is eligible: These awards are only available for international fee payers wishing to study a one-year full-time taught Masters, Masters by Research or MRes. Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree. See Further information for additional conditions.
- Deadline: 3 February 2020
- Conditions: Must be taken up in September 2020. See further information for Additional Conditions.
- Number of scholarships available: 5
How to apply
Deadline for applications 23.59 (UK time) 03/02/2020
- Applicants MUST first apply for a relevant taught programme of study (such as a taught Masters or MRes) OR apply for a research place of study (Masters by Research only) and be in receipt of a Student Application Number to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications without a valid Student Application Number will be rejected.
- These awards are only available to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the International fee rate;
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the ‘best of the best’ (eg, successful applicants are likely to be in the top 5% of their BSC/BA cohort). Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements by 3 February 2020. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds.
- Once you are in receipt of your Student Application ID complete the online application form.
Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application until the outcome is known.
How are the scholarships awarded?
Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The Group on Scholarships, Studentships and Prizes then meets to consider the shortlists and select the successful applicants and reserves. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application within 10 weeks of the closing date. The University will use the data provided in the application form for internal selection and statistical purposes and publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
- Awards must be taken up in September 2020
- The awards are available to suitably qualified applicants wishing to commence full-time mastership study (one-year full-time taught Masters, Masters by Research and MRes programmes of study)
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification
If the University fee rate for your programme of study is less than £23,000, you will only receive an amount covering your full academic fees. If the University fee rate for your programme of study is more than £23,000, you will receive £23,000 as a contribution towards your academic fee – you will be responsible for paying the remainder of the fees.
- Maintenance - applicants are expected to cover their own maintenance costs.
- Travel/other costs – there are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.