University of Leeds - GREAT Scholarships 2023 - Pakistan
- UK/International: International
- Summary: In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Leeds is offering one scholarship to students in Pakistan applying for postgraduate courses in a range of subjects.
- Value - what money is on offer: £10,000, which will be awarded as a tuition fee deduction for one year of taught Masters study.
- Who is eligible: Pakistani passport holders only. Please see below for additional conditions.
- Deadline: 31 May 2023
- Number of scholarships available: 1
How to apply
Deadline for applications 17:00 (UK time) 31 May 2023
- Applicants MUST first apply for a relevant taught programme of study and be in receipt of an offer of a place of study to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications without these will be rejected.
- These awards are only available to taught Masters applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the International fee rate;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements by 22 June 2023. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds.
- Once you are in receipt of your Student Application ID and study offer, complete the online application form.
Please contact the International Office with any queries relating to the GREAT Scholarships.
Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the International Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application until the outcome is known.
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Leeds is offering one scholarship to students in Pakistan applying for postgraduate courses in a range of subjects. The GREAT Scholarships 2023 programme, launched by the British Council together with 49 UK Universities, supports postgradate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities. The scholarship programme offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2023, please visit Study UK.
- Applicants must be self-funding and not in receipt of other fee scholarships, new to the University of Leeds and classified as international for tuition fee purposes. You must not be in receipt of any other University of Leeds award.Awards must be taken up in September 2023
- The decision of the selection panel is final and no appeals will be considered
- Applicants must be Pakistani passport holders
Profile of a GREAT Scholar
- Willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education
- Willing to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships, by sharing experiences of studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How are the scholarships awarded?
Candidates will be selected by the selection panel on the basis of:
- Academic Grades – The selection panel will look at previous academic performance and future predicted grades.
- Essay – When completing the online application form, you will be asked to state why the University of Leeds should award you a GREAT scholarship and why you would like to study in Leeds (no more than 500 words).
- Personal Statement – when completing the online application form, you will be asked to provide a Personal Statement demonstrating your leadership qualities and potential to become a Study UK Ambassador (no more than 500 words).