- UK/International: UK
- Summary: One-year fees scholarship for full-time taught Masters and MRes degrees in any Faculty.
- Value - what money is on offer: Fees only award of up to £12,000
- Who is eligible: These awards are only available for Home-rated fee payers. Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. See Further information for additional conditions.
- Deadline: 4 May 2021
- Conditions: Must be taken up in September 2021. See Further information for additional conditions.
- Number of scholarships available: 10
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 17:00 (UK time) 04/05/2021
- Applicants MUST first apply for a relevant taught programme of study and be in receipt of a Student Application Number to be eligible for a Fee Scholarship. Applications without a valid Student Application Number will be rejected.
- These awards are only available to Home fee payers* and are not open to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the International fee rate;
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements, prior to or at registration. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds.
- Once you are in receipt of your Student Application ID complete the online application form.
Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application until the outcome is known.
*To be classed as a home student, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a UK National (meeting residency requirements), or
- Have settled status, or
- Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirements), or
- Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
How are the scholarships awarded?
Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The Group on Scholarships, Studentships and Prizes then meets to consider the shortlists and select the successful applicants and reserves. Unsuccessful applicants can expect to be notified of the application outcome approximately 4 weeks after the application closing date. Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application within 10 weeks of the application closing date. The University will use the data provided in the application form for internal selection and statistical purposes and publish the names of the successful applicants within the University.
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship
- 12 months in total (part-time applicants will need to find alternative sources of funding for their second year of study)
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification
- Candidates for a Mastership by Research are ineligible to apply.
If the University fee rate for your programme of study is less than £12,000, you will only receive an amount covering your full academic fees. If the University fee rate for your programme of study is more than £12,000, you will receive £12,000 as a contribution towards your academic fee – you will be responsible for paying the remainder of the fees.
Maintenance – Applicants are expected to cover their own maintenance costs.
Travel/other costs – There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.